Linux is an operating system just like any other for example windows 9 etc. If one wants to make his search more secure and private they should opt for this operating system which is free, open sourced and supported on most computer platforms. As this operating system is the first choice of people in respect of privacy, the VPN providers also support it more than any other types and have developed various best VPNs for Linux that would be more suitable for this operating system. All best VPNs for Linux carry their specific features that would be preferred according to the peoples’ choice. So here we are discussing several best VPNs for Linux.
[Updated February 2020] Best VPNs for Linux Users- Safe & Private
1. EXPRESS VPN
The website of this VPN has written “the fastest VPN on earth” which is slightly big claim that a company can make but they do justice with that where they provide 30 days money back guarantee where the standard is only of 7 days and is among the best VPNs for linux that works with Netflix. This VPN was launched in 2009 and has grown to one of the most popular premium VPN in the world. It has three membership packages where it provides all the facilities no matter which type of plans you purchase.
Features of Express VPN are as follows:
- One can connect three devices simultaneously that means you can connect three phones instead of just a laptop, router or phone.
- You don’t have to bother about choosing a protocol as this VPN automatically connects the most favourable protocol for your device. One can also manually connect to whatever protocols they want.
- It has a ‘network lock’ feature that stops internet traffic when the VPN connection drops.
- Gives the facility of 30 days money refund policy wherein you can get your money if you are not satisfied with the services and features that it offers.
- It has many servers across 90+ countries which makes it easy and simple for those people who are a traveller.
- Has the fastest connection speed and has user friendly apps that means a common man who is not tech- savvy can also operate it easily.
- It has Hong- Kong based servers also.
- It is compatible on multiple platforms that means it can easily works on Android, Mac, IOS etc.
- The hackers will never be able to access private information as the IP address and all your online activities are hidden.
- This VPN service guarantees SSL secured network with 256-bit key.
Plans and pricing:
The plans and pricing of the Express VPN is little bit pricy but is worth it because of the various facilities that it offers with its membership packages like 30 days money back guarantee, high upload and download speeds, 24 hour customer support service etc. the three membership packages that it includes are:
1 month: This package costs $12.95/month and is payable monthly. This is suitable for those who want it to try first and explore all its features.
6months: This package costs $9.99/month which will be billed every six months as $59.95 . As you get to purchase plans of longer tenure, you will be charged less per month.
12 months: This package is the most popular of all and costs $8.32/month which will billed every 12 months to $99.95. you are saving 35% on annual costs.
This VPN is rated as one of the best VPN wherein you can enjoy free internet use with complete security and they are maintain your anonymity and let you hidden from the external world. This is compatible with almost all devices i.e.., MAC, WINDOWS and others where you can enjoy great benefits and the feature that they offer. It blocks the random pop-up and let you enjoy your internet time freely and without any disturbance. It offers fastest speed with secure packages with a small investment.
The various features of CyberGhost are described below:
- It has a lot of servers in various countries that make it easy to use for those people who loves travelling.
- One can connect 5 devices per account simultaneously which means you connect five laptops at a time rather than just a laptop, a phone or a router.
- It has user friendly apps and is very simple to install in its compatible devices.
- One can get their money in 30 days if they are not satisfied with its features as it has an option of 30 days money back guarantee.
- If someone wants to first try it then they can surely do as it has 7- day free trial facility for certain devices like IOS, Mac, and Android.
- One can also unblock Netflix that is in restricted in their region.
- It is the one of the best VPNs for Linux operating system.
- One can solve their queries online as they have online support service which runs 24/7 and you can get instant solution.
- The kill switch function is also available wherein your data will be protected from hackers and malwares.
Plans and pricing:
The cyber ghost pro VPN offers three types of membership package wherein you will get all the features like ultra-fast streaming, double encryption and various attractive features. It has a policy of 30 days money back guarantee and also 7-days free trial for the person who uses Android, Mac, and IOS devices.
1 month– This plan is month to month membership and costs $10.49 month and is best for those who want to first try it.
6months: This plan costs $7.99/month and is suitable for those who want it for long tenure.
1 year: This plan costs $4.99/month which billed as $59.88/year. This plan is very popular and is less expensive for monthly basis.
3. AIR VPN
This VPN is an Open VPN-based service which is open about its network and is highly transparent. You can customize the service and its Linux app runs on 64-bit, 32-bit and have Raspberry/ARM Pi architecture. This VPN do not track logging of your online activities and you are completely safe and secure while using this. It has various features which make it one of the best VPNs for Linux which is Kill switch function, with an internal DNS solution. The pricing of the premium is somewhat pocket friendly and you can also get 3 days plan for full access trial.
The features of AIR VPN are:
- The number of servers that it has is 218 in 19 locations that is pretty much good in number.
- Maximum device that is supported is five per account simultaneously so that one can connect their smart phone, tablet, laptop at the same time.
- The 3 day plan with access of all the features make it one of the best VPNs for linux as a customer may first want to try and then purchase for longer term.
- It does not create any logs which you do with its service. The privacy is the main concern here and no other VPN keeps this much of security to your data.
- It also maintains your anonymity and hides your identity from external world, hackers and malwares.
- The strong encryption that it provides is higher than any other and is 256-bit which is very much for average user.
- The main features is that it maintains the transparency and has re- time status updates, wealth of information and diagnostic tools built in its apps.
- It also offers VPN through TOR which is a free software that helps in maintaining anonymity and secure your browser.
Plans and pricing:
This plan offers 3 day free trial plan and four membership packages. The best plan is of 3 days which costs over $1 which is good for those who want it on trial basis. It also offers various payment options which include crypto currency.
The various pricing are:
1 month– This costs $7.46 which is pretty much expensive than others.
3 months: This costs around $15.98 per 3 months which is good for those who want slight longer duration plan.
6months: This costs $31.95 per 6 months. The longer the tenure is the lower price it takes per month.
1 year: This plan costs $57.72 per year and is most popular as it is less expensive than others.
4. PRIVATE VPN
This VPN is one of the best VPNs for Linux as it offers various features to its potential customers. One can easily maintain their anonymity without revealing their identity with the help of these VPN. One can connect six devices per account simultaneously which is enough to distinguish it from others. The most important is its affordable pricing wherein you get best features with a good premium amount.
The various features of Private VPN are detailed here:
- It has a strong encryption of 2048- bit with AES- 256 which secures your data from any kind of fraudulent activities.
- It offers six connection simultaneously with one account so that you can connect six laptops rather than just a phone, tablet , a laptop etc..
- This VPN is the fastest of all with unlimited bandwidth and speed and server switches where you can switch to any server you want if they have good networks.
- It has amazing security protocols which include PPTP, L2TP, IPSec, Open VPN and IKEv2.
- There is zero logging policy that means no online activities will be stored that you do.
- It has many servers in almost 50 countries that cover a wide range of areas.
- You can so torrenting anonymously and it is also P2P friendly.
- It has a policy of 30 days money back guarantee where your money will be returned within 30 days if you are not satisfied with its features.
- It has free remote set up which will help users with installation.
- This VPN is supported in all types of operating system even Linux.
- It is referred to as most cheap VPN.
Plan and pricing:
As mentioned above it is the most affordable of all VPNs and offers three types of membership package for its potential customers. All the three plans holds various features like 24/7 customer support, fastest speed and unlimited bandwidth, and 100% money back guarantee.
1month: This plan is on monthly basis and costs $8.21/month. One can save up to 25% on overall costs and is suitable for those who want to first try it.
12months: This is the most popular of all and costs $4.15/month which is billed $54.00 per year. One can save up to 62% on overall cost. The special is there on this plan which is if you purchase this plan you’ll get 1 month extra to use the VPN.
3months: This plan costs $5.63/month and billed $16.88 per 3 months. One can save up to 48% on overall cost.
This VPN is best for those who want to completely hide their anonymity and surf without revealing who they really are. It is a trusted Company which don’t want to know your personal information instead when you sign up for the Safer, it automatically generates a 12 digit account number which will be required to get into one’s own account. Safer never asks for your email, name, phone number or any other thing.
Safer has various features that make it worth the investment which are described below:
- It is quite affordable and is pocket friendly with so many features that it offers.
- It gives three hours free trials where you can explore all the services of the VPN that it offers and purchase when you are satisfied.
- For Windows, Linux and Mac, it provides a proprietary software and does not offer a mobile app for the same.
- There is zero log policy where your online activities is not stored or shared with anyone.
- It allows up to five connections per account simultaneously.
- It does not log the IP address, traffic, DNS requests or the bandwidth which you are using.
- They accept crypto currency and never ask for anyone personal identification.
- The strong encryption that it offers is 256-bit encryption and protect DNS leak.
- It has a kill switch function wherein your data will be protected and secure and is not shared with anyone.
- It has a decent speed, clean cut client, robust security etc.
- Also allows P2P.
- It has 100+ servers in 22 country locations which is pretty much good in number.
Plans and pricing:
1month: This plan is month to month membership plan and costs $8.99/month which billed monthly only.
1year: This plan costs $5.49/month and billed $65.88/12 months. One can save up to 39% on overall costs. This plan is suitable for those who want it for longer period of time.
2years: This plan costs $3.29/month which is billed $78.96/2 year. One can save up to 63% on overall costs.
6. VYPR VPN
This is considered as one of the best VPN for Linux and is best for Bit Torrent seeders. Its app is available on Google play store and is one of the simplest app to use. It provides military grade Open VPN encryption which is enough to provide security to your data and prevent it from leak.
The various features of VyprVPN are:
- It offers five connections on all your devices at the same time and enjoy your internet freely.
- They have the fastest speed with unlimited bandwidth which gives a great experience to people who like using web.
- It has 3000+ anonymous VPNs in over 50 countries which is great for those who like travelling as they will get fastest speed wherever they go.
- The app supports Open VPN on android devices.
- It gives 24/7 online support for its users who have some queries related to the uses of the VPNs.
- It encrypts the downloading /browsing fully so that your all data will be secured.
- You can watch all the restricted contents in your device with the help of this VPN and it also unblocks censorship.
- It itself switches to the best servers in your area making your internet surfing worthwhile.
- The security protocol which it has is PPTP, L2TP, Open VPN which provides security.
Plans and pricing:
It offers two types of plans to their potential customers which is basic and premium. You also get 3 days’ free trial with both of them and all the facilities like unlimited data usage, 5 simultaneous connections etc..
Basic plan: It costs $4.98 for the first month and $9.95 for the rest. This package offers 3 simultaneous connections and unlimited data. There is 50% discount given which is a great benefits for new clients.
Premium plan: The premium plan costs $6.48 for the first month and then $12.95/month for the next months. It gives 5 simultaneous connections to their customers and extra benefits also.
Conclusion [[Updated February 2020] Best VPNs for Linux Users- Safe & Private
The above mentioned best VPNs for Linux users are absolutely safe and private, They allow you to access everything anywhere and everywhere.
Hope you too will benefit from these best VPNs for Linux and browse your favorites with full freedom and anonymity.