WordPress comes with certain security features by default, but nothing beats installing a respected and powerful security plugin. Firewalls, virus and file scans, active security monitoring, post-hack activities, brute force attack defence, and other features are included in most top security plugins for WordPress.
These and more sophisticated security features are available in iThemes Security and Wordfence, two of the top WordPress security plugins. Your site will not only feature server-level protection, but it will also operate properly without affecting the speed of your site.
In our comparison post of iThemes Security vs Wordfence, we will share the major feature comparison, pros and cons and pricing.
iThemes Security vs WordFence 2023: Main Features
Several features distinguish iThemes Security from the other plugins, including file modification detection, Google reCAPTCHA integration, Away Mode, and others. Here’s a rundown of each of its characteristics.
- Brute Force Protection: The iThemes Security plugin allows you restrict the number of unsuccessful login attempts that each user is permitted to utilize using this functionality. If someone tries to guess your login information, they will be locked out after a few tries.
- File Detection: If someone gains access to your site and updates or deletes files, the iThemes Security plugin will send you an email notifying you of any recent file changes. This lets you know whether or not you’ve been hacked.
- Strong Encryption: In iThemes Security, you can set up admins, editors, and other people who need strong passwords on your site. You can also lock down WordPress with this tool.
- 2FA: iThemes Security provides 2FA, which allows users to input a password and a code texted to their mobile device. These data will assist users in securely getting into their accounts and will serve as an additional layer of protection to authenticate the person who is signing in and keep hackers out.
Check out the latest iThemes Coupons and Discounts to save as much as 55% on these security plugins.
Wordfence is available in both free and premium editions, providing comprehensive functionality for both small and large websites. Its developer tools, comprehensive firewall suite, monitoring tools, and other features might help you save a lot of money. Here’s a quick rundown of what each feature entails:
- Security Scanner: The plugin obtains the latest firewall rules, malicious IP addresses, and malware signatures using this functionality to secure and defend your site. This gives you unparalleled access to data on how sites are infiltrated, the source of the assaults, and any harmful code that is left behind.
- Leaked Password Protection: You can defend your site against attacks that exploit data stolen in data breaches and block admin logins when known hacked credentials are being used to try to get access to your site. To log in, the administrators will need to reset their passwords.
- Country Blocking: Wordfence also allows you to geographically defend your site by blocking any nations that engage in harmful activity. This aids in the prevention of assaults, the eradication of harmful behavior, and the theft of content. You can also restrict countries that consistently cause unsuccessful logins or a high number of 404 errors.
- Firewall: Wordfence operates on your server (the endpoint) to provide better protection than cloud firewalls, which may be circumvented and have been known to leak data in the past. More than 85 percent of the firewall rules in the plugin’s firewall employ user identification data, making the firewall and scanner effective.
One of the biggest names when it comes to protecting your WordPress site is iThemes Security. Wordfence is also a big name. Both of these plugins are used on a lot of websites and have good user ratings and reviews, which is why they’re so popular.