LifeLock is an identity protection service founded in 2005 and headquartered in Tempe, Arizona. The company has more than 5 million members and is usually rated top marks from almost every source.
LifeLock works with Norton Security. While Norton protects your computers and mobile devices, LifeLock monitors your identity, including credit, bank accounts, public records, and any personal information that may get to a place you should not get.
If you are a victim of identity theft, LifeLock offers a variety of services to cover your financial losses and repair the damage caused by the theft.
This is one of the most comprehensive identity theft services available.
LifeLock offers three identity protection packages designed to monitor your personal and financial information and alert you to suspicious activity. If you are subjected to identity theft, LifeLock’s identity recovery specialists will regain your identity, saving you time and headaches.
This type of service is valuable but very expensive if you want to protect several people at your home. Families would be better off with a company like Identity Guard, which offers them a very affordable price.
The multiple requirements of LifeLock in recent years may also discourage some consumers from signing up.
If the fees were misleadingly advertised and did not adequately protect customer information and you suspect this, it is better to use another identity theft protection service.
Configuration and Registration
LifeLock is easy to install. You must be at least 18 years old (though you can register underage children) and reside in the United States.
You start your membership by answering a few questions. The full registration process takes only a few minutes:
- Your first and last name.
- E-mail address.
- Physical address.
- Date of birth.
- Social security number (which you confirm).
- Phone number.
You must also provide a valid driver’s license and a credit card. Next, you’ll need to create a unique username and password.
Interface, utilities and user experience.
The main installation process consists of downloading Norton Security, which can be installed on up to five devices.
The system requirements for Norton Security Online include:
For Windows Operating Systems:
- Microsoft Windows 10 (all versions), except Windows 10 S. Edge browser not supported.
- Microsoft Windows 8/8.1 (all versions). You won’t find a few features in Windows 8 start screen browser.
- Microsoft Windows 7 (all versions) with Service Pack 1 (SP 1) or later.
- Microsoft Windows Vista (all versions) with Service Pack 1 (SP 1) or later. (Latest features are not compatible on Windows Vista operating systems. ID Safe browser extension is not compatible on Windows Vista.)
- Microsoft Windows XP (32-bit) Home/Professional with Service Pack 3 (SP 3) or later. (Latest features are not compatible on Windows XP. ID Safe browser extension is not compatible on Windows XP.)
For Mac Operating Systems:
- Current and previous two versions of macOS. (Norton Family and Norton Family Premier feature not supported.)
For Android Operating Systems:
- Android 4.0.3 or later. Google play app is mandatory.
- Android 4 or later required for Norton Family Premier Android app.
- Google Play apps can be auto scanned on Android 4.0 devices(exception case: Samsung devices).Samsung devices running Android 4.2 or later are supported. For earlier versions of Android, the Google Play “Share” function must be used to scan apps on Google Play.
NOTE: iOS is not supported by Norton, but it is compatible with LifeLock alerts.
LifeLock provides a clean and easy-to-use web platform for easy navigation. You can search the site for warnings and other information stored on the site.
This includes summaries of available information about the institutions that verify their creditworthiness, as well as the possible occurrence of their name in public records or lists of sex offenders.
Norton Security protects from cybercriminals who are trying to steal personal information from their computers and mobile devices.
LifeLock Key Features:
LifeLock offers its members a $1 million protection program at all levels of the plan. Covers the refund of stolen funds and the reimbursement of personal expenses with the following limits per plan:
- $25,000 for standard plan users.
- $100,000 for Advantage plan users.
- And $1 million for Ultimate Plus plan users.
If required, you will be provided with lawyers and experts to help you solve your case, as identity theft will often require significant legal support. LifeLock pays one million dollars for these professional services for every set of services.
On detection of suspicious happenings you will receive notifications via email or text. If it’s legitimate identity theft, LifeLock offers a solution.
Events that trigger a warning are:
- A request for new credit.
- A change in court records, including information that indicates that you have been charged with a crime, been the victim of identity theft, or even inaccurate court documents.
- Information about you is collected on the Dark Web (hard-to-find sites where identity thieves often sell personal information).
- Checking the address change by the US Postal Service.
- Banking alerts and credit cards. *
- Notification of data breaches *
(* Not available in the standard plan).
Unfortunately, not all events trigger a warning. For example, LifeLock informs that certain activities could trigger an alarm up to 30 days later, which of course has limited value.
These events include:
- Request credits, services or refinancing from the company or bank indicated in your tender.
- Make changes to an existing account or be added as an authorized user to an account of the company or bank specified in your notification.
- Ask for new services, store loyalty cards, airline rewards programs, sweepstakes/raffles with the company, or the bank indicated in your notification.
LifeLock recognizes that while there are many companies in your network, not all transactions, also, not all merchants participate and sometimes you can send a request that is not displayed on the network.
If an event turns out to be fraudulent, proceed as follows:
- You must first inform the financial institution about the location of the event, then
- Contact the LifeLock Member Services Department.
LifeLock silver food
If you discover identity theft as a result of delayed or undeclared activity, you will still be entitled to $1 million in protection, including the provision of expert and attorney service as well as the catering service that works for you.
When you receive a notification, you can choose between “YES, I’m me” or “NO, I’m not”. If you choose NO, LifeLock will check the situation and receive a follow-up message. Notification by phone or e-mail will be sent.
LifeLock informs you that you can also receive multiple notifications for the same event because the information can be sent to two or three credit bureaus. Each report triggers a warning, even though they all refer to the same event.
The mobile LifeLock application is free for iOS and Android devices and can be downloaded from the App Store and Google Play. With the mobile application, you can receive alerts and notifications directly on your mobile device for the fastest possible alerts.
Notifications are sent via push notification and you can respond immediately. If you confirm that activity is suspicious, you have identity protection agents to assist you.
There are two ways to contact LifeLock. The LifeLock Member Portal offers self-service options that give you quick answers to common questions.
You can also contact LifeLock by calling 1-800-LifeLock (1-800-4543-3562). Telephone contact is available around the clock, seven days a week.
If you are a victim of identity theft, LifeLock offers a food service that guides you through the process and ensures that you are not just facing the crisis.
LifeLock’s second best-known identity theft protection is unlikely to offer so many services. An important service that LifeLock Identity Guard provides is the restoration of identity.
This seems to be the most important feature as identity monitoring can also be done through free credit services like Credit Karma (see below).
This service is much cheaper for individuals or families. They charge $14.99 per month for one person and $27.99 per month for a family plan. However, the overall level of service is not as complete as LifeLock’s.
This service works the same as LifeLock but tends to be more expensive. For the UltraSecure package, they charge $17.95 per month. However, this is per person and can be expensive for a family. Besides, they charge an additional $6 per month for their credit monitoring service, which LifeLock offers under the program.
This service is not included with all LifeLock bells and whistles. However, it provides a monthly tracking of your credit report and credit scores from two branches (TransUnion and Equifax), and absolutely for free. You do not even have to “put down” a credit card as you do with so many other “free” credit providers. This is a good middle-tier service for anyone whose budget is not fit for a paid service.
Credit Karma is not an identity protection service but sends special notifications. I use the service and he warned me that a password I use is usually displayed on the dark web. I did not use common passwords anymore and made them very complicated. It was all the result of a simple email notification for a free service.
Pros and Cons
- LifeLock Ultimate Plus watches the black market for your data.
- You’ll have peace of mind if you’re at high risk of identity theft.
- To be able to use certain features you may need to go through an additional verification process.
- The cost may be prohibitive.
LifeLock Low-Cost Monthly Plans-
LifeLock has three membership plans with different protections. The more expensive the plan, the more LifeLock tracks your identity. But the Lifelock promo code given above will help you in saving money.
LifeLock Standard – $9.99 / month
LifeLock Standard membership features include alerts for:
- Refund of stolen funds up to $25,000.
- Compensation for personal expenses up to $25,000.
- Personal information on the dark web.
- Any request for address change.
- Personal information about services and loan applications.
- Personal false information regarding your identity.
LifeLock Advantage – $ 19.99 / month
For an additional $10 per month, you can upgrade to the LifeLock Advantage subscription, which includes all the benefits above, plus:
- Refund of stolen funds up to $100,000.
- Compensation for personal expenses up to $100,000.
- Personal information about arrests and reservation documents.
- Great offences.
- Cash withdrawals, bank transfers and large purchases of your credit, checks and savings accounts.
LifeLock Ultimate Plus – $ 29.99 / month
The best Lifelock service is your Ultimate Plus plan. It contains everything you see above and warnings when one of the following events occurs:
- Refund of stolen funds up to one million US dollars.
- Compensation for personal expenses up to one million US dollars.
- New account applications with your information.
- Acquisition of bank accounts bearing his name.
- Investment or activity 401k.
- Personal information about file-sharing networks.
- Her name in a register of sex offenders.
Do remember to apply the LifeLock Promo Code for best prices.
- KAYA Mattress Promo Codes
- Casper Mattress Coupon Code & Offers
- Ecoterrabeds Mattress Coupon Codes
- Bear Mattress Coupon Codes
Conclusion- LifeLock Promo Codes & Discount November 2020
LifeLock is one of the most comprehensive identity theft protection services with a variety of plans that meet the desired level of protection. Their Ultimate Plus ™ plan is more expensive than the competition but combines full monitoring with unsurpassed ease of use and easy-to-use customer service.
LifeLock is a comprehensive identity theft prevention service with powerful detection, alerting and recovery capabilities.
The option to integrate Norton Security Online is an additional benefit. It’s very interesting to see what Symantec can do in the future.
Despite the problems with the law, LifeLock still provides one of the industry’s most comprehensive identity control solutions. This may be a good option for people, but families find the price too high.
So, don’t wait and go for the LifeLock Promo Code. Also, share the LifeLock Promo Code and offers with your friends and on your social media channels.