- Easy to use softwares
- Effective software
- Backup facilities provided
- Data recovery
- Quickly restore lost or deleted files
- Windows 10, 8, and 7 compatible
- Can be risky
There are a huge number of files saved on our computers. Some files are important and we can’t afford to lose them, such as financial statements, project proposals, favorite music, and family photos. However, people who suffer from data loss are not few. Files can be lost due to:
- Accidental deletion
- Computer crash
- Hard disk failure
- Malware & ransomware
What to do in case of a file missing? Can you recover permanently deleted files? If you search the Internet for solutions, you’ll find some professional file recovery software. Nevertheless, the size of data to be recovered is limited in the free version.
Is there a totally free way to recover lost files? It is possible if you have created a backup before. Now you see the importance of doing a backup. According to the backup tool you use, you’ll get different file restore procedures from this page.
File Restore in Windows 10 from Windows Backup and Restore
In Windows 10, there is an inherited backup tool from Windows 7 named Backup and Restore. With this tool, you can either create an image file for your operating system or set up a custom backup for particular drives or files.
If you have backed up your important files in advance, you can try the following steps to recover missing files:
1. Go through Start > Settings > Update & Security. Then, select Backup from the left panel and click Go to Backup and Restore (Windows 7).
2. In the Backup and Restore window, click Restore my files in the Restore section.
3. Click on Browse for files or Browse for folders to find the files/folders you want to recover.
4. Choose to restore your files to the original location or a new location. Then, click Restore to begin the file recovery process.
File Recovery in Windows 10 via a Free Backup Utility
In addition to the built-in backup tool, the best free backup software – AOMEI Backupper Standard can also do you a favor. You can take advantage of the following features to set up all-around data protection for your PC.
Well-designed backup types
To create a system image for Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP, you can use “System Backup”. To back up all data on a hard disk or a specific partition/volume, you may choose “Disk Backup” or “Partition Backup”. As for backing up documents, pictures, music, and so on, there is a “File Backup” feature.
Various backup destinations
AOMEI Backupper supports backing up to hard drives, internal or external, HDD or SSD. It also supports a USB flash drive, SD card, memory card as backup destinations. What’s more, you are allowed to save backup images on NAS devices and cloud drives like OneDrive and Google Drive.
Flexible backup schedules
To keep backup images up-to-date, you can run an auto backup with the “Schedule” feature of AOMEI Backupper. If the data you have backed up are frequently changed, you may choose the “Daily” mode. If the backed up data are less frequently changed, then the “Weekly” and “Monthly” modes are recommended.
Now it’s time to show you how to restore corrupted, deleted, or lost files with AOMEI Backupper. Bear in mind you can run file restore via AOMEI Backupper on the condition that you have backed up those files using this software.
1. Download AOMEI Backupper from the official website. Then, install and launch it on your PC.
2. Click Restore from the left side and choose Select Task to find the corresponding backup task for file recovery.
3. Select the file backup task from the list and click Next.
4. Select the lost files or folders that you want to retrieve and click Next.
5. If you want to restore files to their original location, then choose to Restore to the original location. If you want to restore to another location, then choose Restore to a new location and specify a new location for your files. Finally, click Start Restore to begin.
Final Words | Easy Ways For File Restore
That’s all about how to run file restore in Windows 10, 8, and 7. To save money spent on data recovery software, you need to backup your important files before something unexpected occurs. Thus, you can quickly restore lost or deleted files from the backup image. Both Windows Backup and Restore and AOMEI Backupper can give you a hand. You may pick up a tool that best fits your needs.