Wondershare Filmora Review 2017: Should You Buy?
About Wondershare Filmora
Wondershare Filmora is the video editing software primarily for the Mac operating system. It was developed by a Chinese company whose wide range of software help in creating high quality videos. It was formerly called as Wondershare Video Editor and has gained much greater attention and popularity than its counterpart iMovie, a refined video editing tool for Apple. It is one of the best video editing programs for both beginners and professionals enabling them to create stunning videos using their Macbook.
Wondershare Filmora has an intuitive interface that makes it easy to edit videos effortlessly. All you need to start on this software is a computer with Mac or Windows 8 OS, 1 GHz processor and at least 512 RAM. You can download this software onto your system and start editing videos or images on its interface.
The user interface has four sections namely, Interaction window, tweak bar, Timeline Frame and preview pane. The four sections enable users to import a video, add transitions and effects, fine-tune details and preview the video before exporting it. You can edit videos in HD or standard format, captured through webcam, camcorder, digital camera, DLSR or a smartphone camera on this software.
Beginners can learn to use their software by following their tutorial videos on Youtube and user-created videos on their website. They can choose to edit a video on two modes namely easy and full feature mode. Easy mode launches the software in a semi-automatic editing mode while the full feature mode in the full editing mode.
The full interface is easy to access with all the features right on the top and side of the panel. It has about 300 different features that help you to edit a video in the utmost quality. Just like other video editors, you have to drag them where you want to make the changes. There is a help button to assist beginners in the process and a module displays 11 videos on how to use their software.
Wondershare Filmora provides plenty of options to import a video file to start editing on its software. When you start a project, an import media icon gets displayed on your screen using which you can import a file you have to edit. Once you have finished editing videos, you can export them through various options like filmora app, YouTube, Facebook and Vimeo. You can also burn to a DVD or customize into a specific file type or device such as a smartphone or tablet.
Supported File Formats
Wondershare Filmora supports plenty of file formats for both audio and videos. The audio input formats include AIF, MP3, OGG, M4A, WAV, WMA and the image input formats include JPEG, TIFF, GIF, BMP and PNG. The video input formats include AVI, M4V, MPEG-4, MOV, WMV, 3GP, ASF, DAT, FLV, MKV and MTS.
Filmora has many basic and advanced features that help in editing both video and audio files,
Most of the video editing software provides certain tools to perform the basic editing functions. Some of it includes,
Trim: Ability to cut the length or shorten the duration of videos
Merge: This tool enables you to merge or combine two or more pieces of video clips together
Crop: A scissor-like tool to cut unwanted sections of videos or a selected part of the clip
Aspect Ratio: You can fix a particular ratio such as 16:9 to make your videos look better
Brightness, Contrast & Saturation: You can adjust the color and brightness of the video clips using this tool
Rotate: This tool helps you to change the orientation of the clips
Speed: You can enhance the speed of video or frames per second or slow them based on your needs
Filmora provides plenty of advanced features that help individuals to create mind blowing videos. Its advanced features include,
- Color Tuning: It allows you to give a certain color code to your videos that seem to lack perfection. There are 45 color presets to further enhance your footage. 3D LUTs (Lookup table files) are available for tuning color of videos and images. The color tuning features include tint, lights, vignette, HSL and temperature.
- Pan and Zoom feature: This tool helps you add and customize animations for still images.
- Title Tab: This section enables you to add words onto the screen by selecting titles from the library. However, you cannot build your own titles on filmora.
- Screen Recorder: Filmora has a built-in screen recorder which enables you to create tutorials or how-to videos. The tool can be launched from the inside of the software to start recording your demonstration videos.
- Magnetic Timeline: This unique feature enables users to make texts, effects and overlays on the video track. It also helps in adjusting frame rate and resolution when recording from a WebCam.
- Green Screen: This video editing software can handle green screen or chroma-key footage.
- Motion Paths: Filmora enables users to attach objects and speech bubbles to a face or things as it comes with face detection technology.
- Scene Detection: This feature automatically scans video clips for making scene changes and trims them for easier editing.
- Picture In Picture: PIP or picture in picture is a great feature that helps overlay smaller videos onto an existing video.
- Flash & Hold: This is a unique feature available only on a very few video editing software. Flash & Hold helps you to blur and fade videos and also create still photos with fading effects.
- Auto Enhance: This automatic tool helps you to adjust the contrast and brightness of the videos.
- Play in Reverse: You can play videos in reverse by using this unique tool available only on Filmora.
You can download Wondershare Filmora on MAC or Windows devices for free from their official website. It also has free mobile version of the software for iOS and Android users. For one year, the desktop version costs $34.99 while the lifetime license costs $49.99. They also give a 30-days money guarantee for all their customers.
Wondershare Windows Price
- Extremely intuitive interface
- Short learning curve
- Amazing quality of exported videos
- Compatible with iOS and Android devices
- Social media sharing options
- Lacks good speed feature
- No effects or transition editor
Is Wondershare Filmora worth your money?
Wondershare Filmora is a elegant, full-featured video editing software that provides plenty of basic and advanced tools to edit images, photos, videos, audio and movies. It has a straightforward and intuitive interface that makes it easy to add effects, transitions and edits to your videos. The software is not only compatible with MAC and Windows operating system but also with Android and iOS which is quite rare among such software. It is definitely a good buy for both beginners and professionals to create mind blowing videos and movies.