X-cart helps build your own online website through its software. Unlike other famous shopping carts available online that are hosted on the cloud x-cart must be downloaded to your computer. It is available for both Mac and PC. There are no setup or transaction fees with the service. It offers unlimited product hosting and bandwidth. Since its launch in 2001, x-cart has hosted more than 35000 stores in 111 countries.
X-cart provides two selling solutions namely a shopping cart solution and the multi-vendor solution. It is a PHP-based platform which makes it slightly difficult for a layman to create an online store through x-cart. Some of the notable X-carts stores include Gadget Infinity and Pearls Only.
Get more info on- Top 10 Best Rated Antivirus 2018: Best Antivirus Comparison
Ease of Use: X-Cart Cloud Review 2020 July Reliable Shopping Cart Software??
The interface is intuitive which makes it easy to add products, product images, shipping details and payment modes. You can preview your own website before publishing live to your customers. X-cart does not provide customer support and you must pay an additional fee to get unlimited customer support.
It offers TLS 1.2 encryption as the security feature. However, merchants must pay a fee to get SSL security certificate. There are few resources like FAQ, help desk, developer desk, community forums and blogs. X-cart has to be self-installed and if you require any help from the technicians, you can pay $75 to get immediate assistance.
Web Design and Templates
X-cart offers only four free templates and has the lowest number of free templates compared to all the other shopping cart software available currently. It provides 43 paid templates in the range of $49 and $149. X-Cart has a built-in blog and WordPress integration that allows you to sell your products on social media platforms. It does not provide content delivery network for free but you can get it for an additional fee if your website features video and high quality images.
- Looking for a POWR discount code? Check out our article and save on your purchase with the latest coupon codes.
You can also buy a unique domain at an additional cost. It provides unlimited personalized email addresses. There is a drag and drop editor which helps to rearrange content on your website. You can also edit CSS style sheets in the webmaster mode. X-cart also provides integration and add-ons like taxcloud, shipworks,icontent and eBay integration.
X-cart comes as two different products namely x-cart version 5 and xcart classic. All the plans come with a lifetime license. It also offers a 7-day free trial to explore the software before subscription.
X-Cart (Version 5) -Free Edition
- Cloud Search
- Responsive Design
- Theme Editor with Color Schemes
- Product Options and Combinations
- Product Attributes
- Featured Products and Bestsellers
- SEO-Friendly Catalog
- Multilingual Support
- REST API
- Webmaster mode
- 75+ Payment gateways
Business – $495
- Product Variants
- Downloadable Products
- Cross-Sales, On Sale and New Arrival Products
- Discount Coupons and Volume Discounts
- Product Filters and reviews
- Free Shipping
- Two-Factor Authentication
- Access Levels and Memberships
- Order Editor
- Content Delivery Network
Multivendor – $1,495
- This plan allows you to create an online marketplace where many vendors can come to sell their products
- Ultimate – $3,995
- Abandoned Cart Reminder
- Product Feeds
- Loyalty Program
- WordPress Integration
- Google Search Results
- Shop by Brand
- Call for Price
- Customer Satisfaction
- My Wishlist
- 1 YEAR SUBSCRIPTION TO SAAS:
- PLUS PROFESSIONAL SERVICES:
- Premium Support
- X‑Cart Installation
- Product Options and Combinations
- Featured, Cross-sale & Related and downloadable Products
- Coupons & Special Offers
- SEO-Friendly tools
- MailChimp Integration
- Cloud-based Search
- Facebook Store App
- Multilingual Support
- Basic Customer Reviews and surveys
- Mobile Version
Gold Plus – $495
- On Sale and New Arrival Products
- Banner System
- Access to social media websites like Facebook and Google
- Advanced Customer Reviews
- Multiple Currencies
- Custom Order Statuses
- Email Account Activation and product notifications
Platinum (Multivendor) – $1,795
- Multiple Vendors
- Separate vendor backend, shipping and tax rates
- One-Year Support
X-cart online shopping tool enables its users to select more than 75 payment gateways. Some of this includes PayPal, Amazon payments, 2checkout, Stripe, authorize.net, CyberSource, WorldPay, FirstData, itransact, BluePay etc.
- Create and edit orders for your customers from the admin
- Monitor your inventory in both digital and physical stores
- Integrate your online store with eBay and Amazon
- Manage your online store from any mobile device and accept payments on the go
- Add new products based on size, price range and track each product by its variants
- Allow customers to customize search results, narrow searches and zoom product images to get a clear view
- Sell your products globally by displaying different currencies and languages
- Set your own shipping cart and generate labels to print
- One page checkout and guest checkout
- Offers discount, gift cards, and awards to loyal customers
- Enable customers to give genuine feedback, rate your website and write reviews
- Various SEO tools like meta tags, page titles and urls
- A unique marketing feature on x cart is the ability to host an auction and allow customers to bid on antique products.
- Customizable templates
- Intuitive dashboard
- PHP-based ecommerce solution
- Prompt online payments
- Support multilingual and multiple currencies
- Only software meeting current PCI levels
- Less features are available for free
- Paid customer service
- Additional costs to buy SSL security certificate
Bottom Line: X-Cart Cloud Review 2020 July Reliable Shopping Cart Software??
X-cart is a PHP-based online cart solution that favors both small and large businesses. Most of the features are not free and customers may need to pay an additional cost for using templates and customer support. This software has to be downloaded but it does offer a cloud based solution too.
Most of its plans are expensive but offers robust web design and templates. Its15 day-free trial can be a good option to first try the software before investing your money.