In this post, you will learn about the five best VPNs in Switzerland which are helping people to surf internet safely.
Internet safety in Switzerland
Internet is expanding its reach and more and more countries are enacting laws to prevent the misuse of internet while struggling to implement them in such a way as they should not come in conflict with their citizen’s privacy online. Switzerland in this regard is somewhat different. Surrounded by many countries which are the part of European Union and directly follows the EU data retention directives, Switzerland does not as it is not the part of European Union.
Internet surveillance is less prominent then other European countries, Switzerland has a different stance regarding copyright infringement. But this doesn’t means the internet is completely free form any surveillance. Switzerland has its own data retention laws which require ISPs to keeps logs of user’s online activity for six months. Government in this regard exercise power to such an extent that it can deploy mechanisms such as spywares to its own domestic networks, of course there has to be compelling reason to do it or the government is completely sure that the party in question is guilty beyond any doubt.
This is the ideal situation and government claims that it only do so in order to combats matters related to national security such as terrorism and others offenses such as child pornography, but one cannot rule out the possibility of internet surveillance in the absence of any such circumstances and if there is any possibility of such a situation then no Swiss citizen can be sure whether or not there privacy over internet is intact.
VPNs in Switzerland
A VPN is the easiest way possible for any online user to protect its online privacy and security and in Switzerland you have one more advantage of using a VPN. VPN providers in Switzerland are not subjected to the mandatory data retention laws giving users a legal way to maintain their privacy online. This is the reason many leading VPN services providers in the world locate their servers in Switzerland.
Users generally tends to avoid the VPN servers located in the country they are living because government anytime can force a VPN provider to give its user data which could clearly violates users privacy online, but not in Switzerland because they are not required to keep logs of its user’s online activity.
Switzerland has made it legal to download copyrighted material for personal use not for commercial intent which means you will not be prosecuted for downloading your favourite movie through torrent. But this does not decrease the importance of using a VPNs in Switzerland. It has multiple benefits:
- VPNs in Switzerland will protect you from any kind of government surveillance and keep your privacy secure.
- VPNs in Switzerland will protect your personal data from online fraudster such as your bank details while you are shopping online by encrypting your data.
- If you are using an open or public wifi then you must use a VPN because these networks are easy targets for hackers as they are not secured enough, a VPN will encrypt your data and provide you a secured tunnelled connection, so no one can peep through and read all your personal information.
- A VPN will let you bypass any local restrictions. It will also enables you to bypass geo-restrictions and lets you access content not available for Switzerland.
Recommendations for Five Best VPNs in Switzerland
- 30 days money back guarantee to test drive ExpressVPN.
- Unlimited server switching with 148 VPN server locations in 94 different countries
- Built in speed test feature, to let you choose the fastest server available according to your need.
- Easy to use app, available for Windows, Mac, iOS, Android and Linux.
- Top in class security features with 256 bit AES encryption.
- No log policy, to ensure no data is stored about user’s activity.
Undoubtedly the best in the industry ExpressVPN has all the features that a user expects from a top class VPN. Top class security features including strongest 256 bit AES encryption with DNS leak protection and kill switch gives the user the highest level of security and privacy online. ExressVPN allow unlimited server switching with 148 server location in 94 countries including Switzerland to switch with, so a user can pretend to be in any virtual locations according to their need.
Its 24/7 customer support with live chat resolve any user’s query within minutes. On top of all these it comes with a 30 days hassle free refund policy to let it user test drive ExpressVPN and in case they are not satisfied they get their money back with no question ask.
2) PIA (Private Internet Access)
- Simple VPN client with one click VPN connect.
- Advance port forwarding with DNS leak protection
- Automatically detect the fastest server available and connect to it.
- Server network has a worldwide coverage with servers in 25+ countries
- Accept Bitcoin so if a user wants to pay in virtual currency they can do so.
Private Internet Access is an excellent choice if you are looking for the best VPNs in Switzerland. PIA has a huge server network in 20+ countries and some of them are also located in Switzerland too so the users have plenty of choice both locally and internationally in terms of changing their IP address and pretending to be in different location.
PIA effectively combine its excellent security features such as advance port forwarding and DNS leak protection with highest level of encryption and it’s no log policy to give its users the top level security and privacy and online. With all its features PIA makes an excellent choice for the best VPNs in Switzerland.
- OpenVPN L2TP-IPsec protocols with 256 bit AES encryption.
- 1000+ High speed servers across the world.
- Allows up to 5 simultaneous connections on different devices.
- 30 days money back guarantee.
- Excellent customer support.
CyberGhost is a complete package for best VPNs in Switzerland. It’s no log policy ensure user data is not being locked, its 1000+ servers provide high speed and huge amount of options to change your IP address and pretend to be in different location, its 256 bit AES encryption with openVPN protocols gives complete security and privacy, it allows up to 5 simultaneous connection across different devices which means your connection is secured on all your devices at once.
It comes with 30 days money back guarantee to test all its featured and in case they didn’t match with user’s expectations they can get their money back. CyberGhost has everything to be in the list of best VPNs for Switzerland.
- 3 day free trial period.
- High performance servers with unlimited server switching allowed.
- High level encryption with 4096 bit RSA and 256 bit AES encryption and HMAC SHA1 control channel.
- P2P allowed with forwarded ports and DDNS optimize software.
- No log policy
- Extra security measures such as Tor over VPN and VPN through SSL and SSH tunnels.
Technical aspects of AIR VPN are probably the best in industry. It provide highest level of secrecy to its user by implementing strongest level encryption and latest security protocols such as VPN over TOR and VPN through SSL and SSH tunnels with 4096 bit RSA keys and 256 bit AES encryption. Speed is good with servers in Switzerland also which gives you access to locally censored content.
AIR VPN complies with the EU privacy Directives but not with the data retention directives and maintained a strict no log policy. Perhaps the only downside is that it only allows one connection at a time, but it does come with a 3 day free trial period.
- Main Highlights
- Double data encryption
- 2429 servers in 56 different countries
- 6 connections at the same time with one NordVPN account.
- 30 days money back guarantee.
NordVPN is another good choice for a security conscious person as it adds another level of encryption to its already strong 256 bit AES encryptions, so there is a double layer of data encryption which makes it next to impossible for anyone to get their hands on user’s private data.
It has a gigantic server network of 2429 servers in 56 countries, so there is no shortage of high speed server availability. NordVPN lets you connect six devices at the same time and offer you a 30 days money back guarantee.
If you are concerned about your privacy then a VPN is a must for you. When you want to protect your personal information such as your bank details from getting into the wrong hand while you use it for any online transaction or online shopping then a VPN is a must for you.
If you want to enjoy the internet without any restrictions then a VPN is a must for you. All the VPNs mentioned in this article are tested on a wide range of criteria and found to be most appropriate for Switzerland. Pick any one of them and make yourself safe from any surveillance and data or privacy theft.
Hope you find this post useful and get the benefit from the above mentioned best vpns in Switzerland.