There are a few ways to make extra money on the side. One simple and easy way to make extra money is to watch ads for money.
Some people might think this is a scam, but once you know how it works, you’ll see that it’s not.
In fact, it’s backed by a lot of reputable companies with good BBB (Better Business Bureau) scores, so you don’t have to worry.
It’s easy to make money by watching ads, and there are many ways to do it.
It won’t bring in enough passive income for you to quit your day job, but it can give you a quick and steady cash boost that can help you save money or buy something you’ve been wanting for a while.
12 Best Ways To Earn Money While Watching Ads 2023
Here are some of the best ways to earn money by watching ads.
People who want to make money by watching ads often choose Swagbucks.
It gives you a lot of ways to make extra money, like playing games, filling out surveys, and, of course, watching ads.
Swagbucks are the points you get for watching each video ad. You can turn these points into gift cards or even PayPal cash.
Swagbucks also has a $20 cash welcome bonus and a lot of different video categories. You can see how much money you can make for each video you watch.
This can help you plan ahead and use your time in a way that makes you the most money.
Although you can earn money by watching Swagbucks ads, it isn’t the best way to make money (you can earn only pennies).
But if you don’t mind having it on while you do other things, it might be worth it to you.
- A guardian’s permission is required before registration for minors.
- The bonus of $20 when you sign up!
- Earnings for video playlist categories
- A platform that is easy to use
- Makes extra money in a variety of ways
MyPoints gives you $10 just for signing up, and you can earn more points by watching ads and doing other things.
Withdrawals can be made using Amazon or Visa gift cards, which means you can save money on your purchases.
Since MyPoints has been around since 1996, it was one of the first sites to have a program like this.
Also, they have a lot of different videos, like clips of Hollywood gossip and news about events like the Golden Globes.
- Watching ads for money was one of the first sites to offer this service
- Payments can be made with PayPal cash, gift cards, or travel miles
- The bonus of $10 when you sign up
- To join MyPoints, you must be at least 13 years old
When people talk about getting paid to watch ads, InboxDollars is usually the first name that comes to mind.
InboxDollars is a very popular site where you can take online surveys and get cash rewards. This is a legit way to make some extra cash in your spare time.
Inbox Dollars gives you $5 just for signing up and gives you a few different ways to make money, like watching ads, taking paid surveys, and playing games.
As you watch videos, you’ll start getting scratch cards with anywhere from $0.05 to $30 or more on them, which is already fun and exciting!
Payments can be made in a number of ways, such as getting PayPal cash, buying electronic gift cards, or giving money to a charity of your choice.
- To sign up, you must be 18 years of age or older
- You’ll receive a $5 bonus just for signing up
- Gift cards or PayPal cash can be redeemed for cash rewards
- Easily navigable website and mobile app
Ibotta is a little different from the other ways on this list to get paid to watch ads. It’s mostly a cash-back app, and you can get up to 30% cash back on every online or in-store purchase you make.
So instead of just watching videos and getting paid for them, you’ll look through video ads to find deals and ways to save on things you buy every day. Still, it was worth it.
- Apps or browser extensions of your choice
- Over 1,500 stores offer cash back
- Cashback of up to 30%
- Refer a friend and receive $5
5. Prize Rebel
PrizeRebel is another rewards site for members that pay you money to watch ads.
It also has a huge selection of gift cards, like Amazon, PayPal, Visa, and Google Play. With a minimum payout of just $2, it’s easy and quick to get your money.
Signing up is quick and doesn’t require much personal information. You can sign up with an email address or through your Facebook account.
PrizeRebel has been around since 2017 and has given more than $22 million to its members, so it’s a legit way to make money by watching ads.
- Prize Rebel requires an age requirement of 18 or older
- Facebook sign-up is easy
- Google Play, Apple iTunes, PayPal, and Amazon are all options for gift cards
- You can redeem it for as little as $2
iRazoo has all kinds of videos on its website, which has about 50 channels of video ads.
Here, you can watch short films, TV shows, movie trailers, and cooking tutorials. Any video you watch gives you iRazoo points.
You can turn your points into iRazoo points, which you can then trade for cash or gift cards.
Stats show that iRazoo has given its users close to $90,000,000 in cash.
For withdrawals, you can choose between cash and a number of gift cards, such as iTunes, Starbucks, and many others.
- To join iRazoo, you must be at least 13 years old
- There are tons of video categories to choose from
- You can choose from a variety of gift cards
- Offers other ways to earn money as well
QuickRewards is another legitimate site where you can get paid to watch ads.
They also have a variety of activities that give you rewards, such as taking surveys, shopping online, reading emails, and doing other things online that you already do.
You can choose from a variety of videos and ads that teach you about things like the news, pop culture, lifestyle, and more.
QuickRewards lets you use your points in more than 50 different ways, making it a very flexible way to make extra cash.
If you choose PayPal, you can take out as little as $0.01, and if you choose a gift card, you can take out as much as $5.
- To join QuickRewards, you must be 18 or older
- Withdrawals start at $0.01
- There are over 50 redemption options available
- Processing of payments quickly
You-Cubez is like a marketing firm. This means that you can not only get paid to watch ads, and videos, take surveys, and do other online tasks, but you can also promote your business.
Since it started, more than 75 million ads have been seen on the site, which has close to 400,000 users.
You-Cubez has a program that gives you a 15% commission if you tell other people about it.
Depending on how long you’ve been a member, the minimum amount you can withdraw ranges from $2 to $8.
- Signing up requires 16 years of age
- Offers a referral program
- Promotes your business
- A comprehensive viewership program
Earnably is another place where you can make money by watching ads. You can also get paid to do special tasks.
They give you points that you can use to buy gift cards and wallet codes. The least you can get is only $1.
Earnably is different from other apps because if you get your friends and family to sign up, you get 10% of the points they earn… for as long as your account is active.
So make sure that people who are just joining your network use your referral link.
Earnably also tells you how much you’ll get paid and gives you an idea of how long each task will take. So you can pick and choose the tasks that are worth your time.
- Earnably is only open to adults 18 and older
- Gift cards and wallet codes can be redeemed for points
- A minimum payout of $1 is required
- Referrals earn 10% of points for life
AdWallet is a fairly new player on the market. It has paid its members just over $1 million so far.
They don’t have an app, so if you want to watch ads for money, you have to do it in a web browser.
The payouts are higher than with some other options ($0.50 to $3), but there aren’t as many ways to make money and there aren’t as many ads to watch.
This makes it different from sites like Swagbucks, where you can also get paid to take surveys, shop online, and search the web.
AdWallet is mostly a place where you can watch video ads and then answer short surveys about them to make money.
But AdWallet does tell you right away how much you will earn for each activity.
The lowest amount you can withdraw is $10, which is more than the other apps we recommend.
- Ages 13 and older are eligible
- No app, only browser-based
- A minimum cash out of $10 is required
Most of the ad-watching sites in this directory provide gift cards, awards, and prizes. KashKick provides you with cash for viewing advertising.
No reward points or electronic gift cards are needed. After $10, you can withdraw via PayPal.
KashKick simplifies moneymaking. Offers are listed in dollars, so no points conversions are needed.
You can also refer family and friends. Signups earn you 25% of their lifetime earnings.
- You can withdraw soon after $10.
- Referrals earn you 25% of their earnings lifelong
- Simple to navigate the site
12. Nielsen TV Ratings
Nielsen is different from the other sites on this list in how it works, but it’s still important to know about. First of all, it pays to watch TV and use your devices the same way you do now.
There is no site for Nielsen. Instead, you will get the Nielsen app for your phone and software for your other computers.
The app then sends Nielsen information about how you use your devices that aren’t linked to you (including your IP address, login information, or any other personal information).
All of this information helps marketing companies get a better idea of how people act, which is very useful. Nielsen will pay you for taking part in this process.
- Nielsen requires 18-year-olds to join
- Watch TV and earn money
- Earn rewards by playing additional scratch-off and wheel-spin games
- Each month, $10,000 is given away in sweepstakes
- 18 Best Ways To Get Paid To Watch Movies: [Complete Guide]
- 15 Surveys That Pay Cash Instantly & Fast
- 51 Ways To Make Money Fast: Start Earning Today
- Hobbies That Make Money To Earn Money $500/mo
Should You Watch Ads For Money?
You can make money online in myriad ways. Watching films, reading emails, or leaving your computer on are some alternatives.
I hope this post has convinced you that watching video commercials for money can be a fantastic side hustle.
It won’t make you rich, but it can bail you out of a jam or boost your savings.