In today’s digital world, Facebook is an essential part of any successful marketing strategy.
With more than 2 billion monthly active users and a wide array of features, the platform offers countless opportunities to engage with potential customers.
However, it can be difficult to know which aspects of this powerful social network are most important for marketers to understand.
That’s why we’ve compiled a list of must-know Facebook statistics for marketers in 2022.
From user demographics to engagement trends, these numbers provide valuable insights that will help you make informed decisions about your campaigns.
Some of the Best Must Know Facebook Statistics for Marketers in 2022
1. Facebook Marketplace Shopping Effectivity Statistics
Facebook Marketplace Shopping is an online platform where users can buy and sell items with each other.
The effectiveness of this feature can be measured by looking at the number of people using it, the average amount spent on Marketplace items and services, as well as the rate of successful purchases.
Additionally, data can also show how long it takes for a buyer to find a seller and vice-versa, or how often users choose to purchase from local businesses versus large retailers.
- The conversion rate for Facebook Marketplace is around 9%.
- Businesses may get 66% more orders via Facebook Marketplace than from their website.
- An advertisement on Facebook Marketplace may reach 562 million people.
2. People Using Facebook Marketplace Shopping Statistics
This statistic indicates how many people are currently using the Facebook Marketplace shopping platform.
It’s important to monitor this figure over time in order to understand if more or fewer people are selecting it as their preferred method of purchasing items.
Additionally, it’s also good to know what type of demographic is most likely to be using the Marketplace shopping feature.
- There are 250 million stores on Facebook Marketplace globally.
- The number of monthly active users on Facebook Marketplace is 1 billion.
3. Facebook Advertising Statistics
Data related to Facebook advertising can show how well a company or group’s ad campaigns are performing on the platform.
This includes the amount spent on ads, impressions made, clicks received, as well as conversion and revenue rate.
This information is especially important for marketers in order to determine if their money is being used efficiently and effectively.
- The typical click-through rate (CTR) for Facebook advertising grew by 6%.
- The proportion of the world’s population that a Facebook advertisement can reach is 34%.
- The proportion of Americans above the age of 13 that a Facebook advertisement can reach is 63%.
- One billion individuals can be reached with a Facebook advertisement.
4. Facebook Marketing Effectivity Statistics
Companies rely on marketing efforts to boost brand awareness and engagement with customers.
As such, it’s important to track the data associated with these activities in order to understand if they have the desired effect.
This includes the amount of engagement on posts, how many followers a page has, as well as the click-through rate and cost per lead generated.
- 15% of Facebook users use the site to browse and purchase goods.
- To support a brand, 49% of Facebook users like a page.
- 50% of customers want Facebook stories to introduce them to new products.
- Businesses claim successful influencer marketing initiatives on Facebook in 68% of cases.
- People are 53% more likely to make a purchase from a company that offers live chat.
- 73% of marketers claim that their company’s social media effort is successful.
- 78% of American shoppers used Facebook to learn about a new product.
- Eighty-nine percent of marketers claim that their social media campaign is crucial to their entire marketing plan.
5. Number of Businesses on Facebook Statistics
As one of the most popular social media platforms, businesses often create a presence on Facebook in order to reach potential customers.
Tracking this statistic can show how successful companies are at using the platform for marketing purposes, as well as how competition is affecting specific industries.
- 36% of companies regularly post videos on Facebook
- Facebook Messenger is used by 75% of marketers to communicate with their customers.
- Businesses use Facebook in 93% of cases.
- 3 million companies use Facebook to promote.
- There are 200 million companies on Facebook.
6. People Liking videos On Facebook Statistics
People often use online videos to connect with their target audience and engage them with content that’s both informative and entertaining.
Therefore, it’s important to track the number of likes each video receives in order to gauge its popularity and success.
This statistic can also show if viewers are more likely to watch a specific type of video on the platform, such as educational or comedic content.
- Facebook is used by 12% of companies for live video.
- 18% of all videos posted on Facebook by pages with more than 100,000 followers are videos.
- On Facebook, short videos are seen by 60% of social video watchers.
- 62% of respondents said that after seeing a product in a Facebook video, they become more interested in it.
- 81% of companies like using Facebook for video marketing.
- Users are five times more likely to view videos on a mobile device than on a computer.
- Every month, 2 billion people use Facebook Watch.
- Videos under two minutes have higher user interaction.
- Following Google, Facebook has the second-most popular video property.
7. People Spending Time on Facebook Statistics
Knowing how much time people spend on Facebook each day can help marketers gain insight into when they should post content in order to capture the largest audience possible.
Additionally, this data can be used to identify which age group and gender spend the most amount of time browsing through posts, photos, and videos on Facebook.
- 70% of Facebook users regularly access the service.
- Users spend 20 hours on Facebook on average each month.
- The average daily time users spend on Facebook is 33 minutes.
- Facebook groups are used by 8 billion users each month.
8. People Using Facebook On Mobile Phones Statistics
With an increasing number of users accessing their social media accounts via smartphone apps and mobile web browsers, it’s important for marketers to know this information in order to better design their campaigns.
This statistic can also show how effective mobile-based ads are compared to desktop versions, as well as which devices are most popular amongst Facebook users.
- 1% of Facebook users exclusively visit the site on a computer or desktop.
- 16% of Facebook users visit the website using both a PC and a mobile device.
- 81% of Facebook users exclusively visit the site through a mobile device.
- 98% of Facebook users visit the site from a mobile device.
9. Generations Most Active On Facebook Statistics
Depending on the type of product or service being marketed, different generations may be more responsive than others to certain types of content and messaging.
Tracking this data can help marketers identify which age group prefers which form of engagement, allowing them to tailor their strategy accordingly.
- Gen Z accounts for 31% of monthly Facebook users.
- Facebook usage among Generation Xers is 68%.
- Most Baby Boomers (84%) use Facebook.
- Most Millennials (87%) use Facebook.
10. Age Of Facebook Users Statistics
Knowing the age range of people using Facebook is important for businesses seeking to target a specific demographic with their campaigns.
This statistic can provide insight into what types of products and services are likely to appeal to a particular age group, allowing marketers to target their audience more effectively.
- Facebook is used by 50% of American individuals over the age of 65.
- Facebook is used by 70% of American people between the ages of 18 and 29.
- Facebook is used by 73% of American adults between the ages of 50 and 64.
- Facebook is used by 77% of American adults between the ages of 30 and 49.
- Over 65s make over 114 million active Facebook members.
- The age range of the 119 million active Facebook members is 13 to 18.
- Between the ages of 55 and 64, 145 million active Facebook users are found there.
- The age range of the 237 million active Facebook members is 45 to 54.
- Between the ages of 35 and 44, 401 million active Facebook users are worldwide.
- Facebook has 481 million active users between the ages of 18 and 24.
- The average age of the 643 million active Facebook users is between 25 and 34.
11. Men & Women Using Facebook Statistics
Gender can be an important factor when it comes to targeting potential customers, which is why it’s important to track the number of men and women using the platform.
This data can show differences in how each gender responds to a company’s messaging, as well as any trends related to product purchases by either male or female users.
This information can be invaluable when it comes to understanding customer behavior and creating a more successful marketing strategy.
12. Facebook Users in Each World Regions Statistics
According to statistics from We Are Social and Hootsuite, Facebook has 2.74 billion monthly active users as of January 2021, with the highest concentration coming from Europe (39%) followed by Asia-Pacific (30%), then North America (11%).
Latin America is home to 8% of Facebook’s user base, with Africa bringing up the rear at 4%. India currently holds the title for most Facebook users in a single country, with over 330 million people.
- Caribbean users number 12 million.
- Oceania has 24 million active users.
- There are 27 million users in Central America.
- Africa has 255 million active users.
- North American internet users 264 million.
- South America has 358 million users that are active.
- Europe has 407 million active users.
- Asia has one billion active users.
13. Countries With the Most Facebook Users Statistics
India takes the top spot when we look at countries with the most Facebook users.
It’s closely followed by the United States and Brazil, which are estimated to have 230 million and 130 million Facebook users, respectively.
Other countries with a notable user base include Indonesia, Mexico, and the Philippines — their populations are estimated to have 100 million, 80 million, and 70 million Facebook users each.
- The UK has 35 million active users.
- Colombia has 35 million active users.
- Pakistan has 43 million active users.
- Bangladesh has 44 million active users.
- Egypt has 44 million active users.
- Thailand has 50 million active users.
- Vietnam has 70 million active users.
- In the Philippines, there are 82 million subscribers.
- Mexico has 89 million active users.
- Brazil has 116 million active users.
- Indonesia has 129 million active users.
- The U.S. has 179 million active users.
- India has 329 million active users.
14. Number of Facebook Users in 2022
It’s estimated that by 2022, 3 billion people will be actively using Facebook. That’s an increase of more than 10% compared to 2021’s figures.
This includes growth across all five world regions: Europe is expected to grow by 4%, Asia-Pacific by 7%, Latin America and North America by 8%, and Africa by 11%.
India is forecasted to remain the country with the highest number of Facebook users at around 390 million.
- Facebook is used by 37% of the world’s population.
- In America, 42% of teenagers use Facebook.
- The proportion of American adults who use Facebook is 69%.
- Facebook has more than a billion daily active users.
- There are 3 billion active Facebook members globally.
FAQs About Must-Know Facebook Statistics For Marketers
How can I use these numbers to improve my marketing strategy?
By understanding these essential Facebook statistics, you can better target your campaigns and make sure that your messages are reaching the right audience. Additionally, you can discover which features of the platform are most popular and use them to create engaging content that encourages users to take action.
Are there other social networks I should be looking at for my marketing efforts?
Yes! While Facebook is the most widely used network, there are many other platforms that offer excellent opportunities for marketers. For example, Instagram has over 1 billion active users, and Twitter has more than 330 million monthly active users. Additionally, don’t forget about LinkedIn, Pinterest, YouTube, and TikTok – all of which offer powerful tools for improving your marketing results.
What is the best way to stay up-to-date with Facebook statistics?
To get the most out of your social media marketing efforts, it’s important to stay informed about the latest trends and developments on Facebook. You can do this by subscribing to newsletters from sites such as Social Media Today or joining industry-specific groups on the platform to keep up with the conversation. Additionally, there are a variety of third-party tools available that track changes in user behaviors, giving you even more insights into how you should be targeting your campaigns.
- Web Design Statistics that Are Essential to Know in 2023
- The Best List of YouTube Statistics For 2023
- Online Ad Revenue Statistics To Know For 2023
Conclusion: Must Know Facebook Statistics For Marketers
Facebook has come a long way since its launch in 2004, becoming one of the most popular social networks in the world.
With more than 2 billion monthly active users, there’s no denying the platform’s potential for marketers.
By understanding key Facebook statistics for 2022, you can develop a more effective social media marketing strategy and reach even greater success.