Top 10 Best Rated Antivirus 2017: Best Antivirus Comparison
- 0.1 Summary:
- 0.2 What can I do to prevent a virus attack?
- 0.3 Why AntiVirus software is important?
- 0.4 Data Protection
- 0.5 Free VS Paid Anti-Virus Software
- 0.6 Choosing the best AntiVirus
- 0.7 Top 10 Best Rated Antivirus 2016: Best Antivirus Comparison for Mac & Windows
- 0.8 Best AntiVirus for Mac 2016
- 0.9 1) Kaspersky Internet Security for Mac
- 0.10 >>Click HERE TO TRY KASPERSKY NOW AT SPECIAL DISCOUNT
- 0.11 2) BitDefender Antivirus for Mac
- 0.12 >>Click HERE TO TRY BITDEFENDER NOW AT SPECIAL DISCOUNT
- 0.13 3) Symantec Norton AntiVirus for Macintosh
- 0.14 >>Click HERE TO TRY NORTON NOW AT SPECIAL DISCOUNT
- 0.15 4) Avast Free Mac Security
- 0.16 >>Click HERE TO TRY AVAST NOW AT SPECIAL DISCOUNT
- 0.17 5) Comodo Anti-Virus for Mac
- 0.18 >>Click HERE TO TRY COMODO NOW AT SPECIAL DISCOUNT
- 0.19 Best Antivirus for Windows 2016
- 0.20 >>Click HERE TO TRY BITDEFENDER NOW AT SPECIAL DISCOUNT
- 0.21 Watch this video by Bitdefender’s official YouTube channel
- 0.22 2) G DATA Antivirus
- 0.23 >>Click HERE TO TRY BITDEFENDER NOW AT SPECIAL DISCOUNT
- 0.24 3) F-Secure Antivirus
- 0.25 4) Kaspersky Antivirus
- 0.26 Check out this video by Kaspersky Internet Security
- 0.27 >>Click HERE TO TRY KASPERSKY NOW AT SPECIAL DISCOUNT
- 0.28 5) AVAST Free Antivirus for Windows
- 0.29 >>Click HERE TO TRY AVAST NOW AT SPECIAL DISCOUNT
- 0.30 6) Panda Security Antivirus Windows
- 0.31 7) Trend Micro Titanium Antivirus
- 0.32 >>TRY FOR FREE NOW DOWNLOAD NOW>>
- 0.33 8) ZoneAlarm Antivirus
- 1 >>>>>Click here to get 30 Day Free Trial >>>>
- 2 >>>>>Click here to get Free Trial >>>>
- 3 >>>Download AVG Free Antivirus>>>
- 4 >>>Download Avira Free Antivirus>>>
A computer virus is a malware program which is transferred to your computer by some external source; a virus when opened in your computer multiplies itself and integrates with various files and folders on your drive. Once they have replicated themselves successfully they harm your files and hard drives. It occupies your hard disk space; steal your private data and credit card information. These viruses can also spread via the files you share with others.
In today’s world where the majority of people are making financial transactions using their computer and the internet, a virus attack can prove to be very devastating as the hackers can get a hold of your banking and credit card information.
What can I do to prevent a virus attack?
Don’t be worried, there are various ways to prevent a virus attack, sure you can take precautions by not clicking on suspicious links and by not connecting a corrupt pen drive or hard drive to your computer. But that is not a permanent solution, as there are various ways through which virus can get transferred to your computer. The best way to keep your computer safe and protect it against any virus attack and malware is to install antivirus software on your device.
AntiVirus software is a set of programs which are designed to detect, prevent and delete any sort of virus and other malicious software like adware, trojans and worms, etc. These anti-virus software keep scanning your device for malware, also they scan every external device you connect to your computer for possible threats. It also protects your device from a virus attack while you browse the internet. Companies keep updating their antivirus software to make them efficient against thousands of new malware created every day.
Why AntiVirus software is important?
If you ask me, having an anti-virus is very important for safe and secure experience. Here are some reasons as of why having AntiVirus software is important?
The moment you connect to the internet and start browsing, you automatically get vulnerable to various malware attacks. There are thousands of add-ons, plug-ins and programs which try to integrate with your web browser, without your permission. The majority of these are fake software and scams which try to con you into buying their good for nothing products.
They might even steal your data; this is why you need anti-virus, as they come with firewall software, which keeps these spam, scams and fake products away by limiting the network access for such programs.
Malware like Trojan and Virus can completely shut your computer over a period of time. They are one of the biggest threats to your computer, once they successfully get downloaded in your device they start infecting various files, folders, hard drives and the registry, which ultimately results in system failure. Almost every anti-virus has a built-in real time protection feature; these bad boys will keep your computer safe and keep killing these malware while you enjoy working on the computer.
Today, the biggest worry for all computer users is data theft. Today, the majority of us are using internet banking for transferring money. Availability of payment service apps like Paytm, Payu have made it very easy for us to recharge our phones and purchase products online. In order to carry on these activities we enter confidential data like our credit or debit card derails, bank account numbers.
Hackers, in order to capitalize on this opportunity, install a spyware on your computer to steal your banking details, your passwords etc; they can even replicate your official documents, Government IDs and sell it in the market. Getting your identity stolen is the worst thing that can happen; you would never even know when it happened. AntiVirus software makes sure that none of these spywares get integrated with any of programs or browsers on your computer.
Free VS Paid Anti-Virus Software
A lot of people have this perception that if there are anti-viruses available for free then why should I go for the paid ones, I can protect my computer with free version of the software, what they don’t realise is that these free versions have their limitations.
A free version of AntiVirus only protects your devices from viruses; they do not provide the comprehensive protection you need. A free version can detect a virus, remove it or prevent a virus entering into your system, but it cannot prevent your device from falling prone to spyware and other security threats
With a paid version you get all the security features you will ever need for safe and secure browsing. Paid version offers you identity protection tools, parental control tools, which will help you block the inappropriate websites and also monitor your child’s browsing history.
Some AntiVirus tools also offer back-up and maintenance tools. The Free version does the job of removing a virus but with a paid version you can use your computer or browse the internet without any worries.
Choosing the best AntiVirus
Everyone tells you to get AntiVirus software; they bombard you with the benefits of using the AntiVirus and disadvantages of not having it in your computer, just like I have been doing. But, what nobody ever tells you is, which Anti-Virus to use or how to decide which AntiVirus is good for you. You cannot just buy any AntiVirus free or paid and think you are safe.
There are thousands of AntiVirus software available in the market, though they all promise a world full of virtual security, but not all of them live up to the promises they made. There is nothing worse than spending your money on an inferior AntiVirus and then get hacked or fall prone to a virus attack. There are various factors which you need to consider while choosing an AntiVirus.
Top 10 Best Rated Antivirus 2016: Best Antivirus Comparison for Mac & Windows
Best AntiVirus for Mac 2016
After giving you a brief detail about the things to look out for in an AntiVirus, here is a list of some of the best Anti-Virus software for Mac users.
1) Kaspersky Internet Security for Mac
Kaspersky is one of the best AntiVirus software for Mac and windows , it is the most renowned group when it comes to the internet security researchers. The best features of kaspersky include parental control and network attack blocking. Parental blocking is a great tool as it helps parents monitor their children’s internet activity, you can also block inappropriate website, saving your kids from getting exposed to graphic images and websites.
Kaspersky internet security for Mac & windows is updated regularly, free of cost. They take special security measures and extra protection for your online monetary transactions.
- Top notch anti-theft tools
- Effective malware protection
- Top scores from anti-virus test lab
- Parental Control
- Spam Filter
- Affordable Price
- Not so intuitive interface
2) BitDefender Antivirus for Mac
BitDefender scored cent percent detection rate in the AV-Test, they keep updating AntiVirus from the cloud which prevents your processor from running slow and gives you the protection you wanted. stated that they designed the AntiVirus specifically to be compatible with OS X, making sure it gives the best protection without draining much of the MAC’s resources.
They also have a feature called social media networking, which protects you against social networking threats; it scans all the links which appear on your Facebook and Twitter news feed, you can also scan your Facebook and Twitter page manually whenever you want.
- Safe online banking and shopping
- Social Network protection
- Easy to use
- Effective malware detection
- Good malicious and phishing website detection
- 24/7 customer support
- Simple interface and easy navigation
- Installation takes time
3) Symantec Norton AntiVirus for Macintosh
Norton is one of the biggest brands when it comes to digital security; they concrete the reputation with the phenomenal performance of their AntiVirus. One of the best things about them is that they offer a money back guarantee, so if you are not happy with their service you can ask them to return your money within 30 days of purchase. They also have parental control and cloud backup function.
- Easily locates lost smartphones and tablets
- You can move it from one device to another
- Protects your privacy
- Updates are done regularly, for free
- Additional tools to wipe out malware
4) Avast Free Mac Security
Avast is a multi-platform sensor network, which is concentrated on scanning malware. When it is scanning your device, a pop up window gives you the details, which lets you know about the corrupt files and location of the malware. You cannot schedule virus scans if you are using Avast, you will have to do it manually every time. One of the best things about Avast is that it is free.
- Easy to use interface
- Web protection
- Scans all emails and attachments
- Will slow down your MAC
- No scheduling
5) Comodo Anti-Virus for Mac
Comodo AntiVirus is another AntiVirus you can go for if you are a Mac owner, it has received positive reviews from AV-Test and AV-comparatives. You can schedule malware scans. It also has a drag and drop feature; you can drag and drop any file you want to scan.
Comodo AntiVirus is very easy to use; you don’t need any technical skill to use this software, there is also a security level slider, which gives you information about the level of security so that you can adjust it according to your needs. Comodo is known for its services, providing top notch security with minimal usage of system usage. They have packages for personal as well as businesses.
- Minimum system usage
- Sandbox technology
- Behaviour based detection
- Automatically blocks harmful websites
- Too many Pop-ups
>>Click HERE TO TRY COMODO NOW AT SPECIAL DISCOUNT
Best Antivirus for Windows 2016
Here is a list of best AntiVirus software for windows users; this list is based on the quality of their performance on windows devices and their compatibility with the operating system.
1) Bitdefender Antivirus Plus
I mentioned Bitdefender antivirus as top antivirus software for MAC, It is also one of the best antivirus software for windows. Bitdefender is one of the most reliable and effective antivirus for windows device, it has been winning the crown of number 1 antivirus software for last three years. It gives you top notch real time security without eating up much of your system resources. It automatically makes changes in the system so the unnecessary programs don’t hamper your system speed.
Watch this video by Bitdefender’s official YouTube channel
It has a wallet feature which remembers your login Id, password as well as banking details, which will save you a lot of time while shopping online.
- Doesn’t hamper your system’s performance
- No annoying pop ups
- Phenomenal phishing protection
- Customer support is available only via E-mail
2) G DATA Antivirus
G Data is probably one of the most accurate antivirus in the market. In tests conducted by independent antivirus labs, G Data detected and tackled most malware, it regularly receives praises from AV testing labs and customers for its impeccable service. It has two way firewall, parental control, online banking protection and anti spam feature. If you are looking for a reliable antivirus at affordable price G Data is the antivirus you should go for.
- It has the most effective detection system
- Affordable price
- Good scone in tests conducted by AV test labs
- Auto Start manager
- May slow your PC a bit
3) F-Secure Antivirus
F-Secure maybe one of the most straight forward antivirus, there interface is very simple, pretty much self-explanatory. Because of their simple interface it barely impacts your device’s speed. F-secure block every known malware and detect and blocks new malware or threats before they can cause any damage. The speed of their scan is the fastest in the market, by the time other antivirus finishes scan first time, F-secure is done twice. It scans each and every email you receive; emphasis is given on the attachments. F-Secure also have a free trial so you can use it for a while and then decide if you want to buy it or not.
- Mobile security service
- Email security
- Free trail
- Simple and easy interface
- Limited customer support options
4) Kaspersky Antivirus
Kaspersky is one of the biggest names in the digital security world, with their amazing performance and impeccable service they have managed to stay on the top. They offer effective all-round protection, detect and remove old as well as newly created malware. They inspect every website you go on, every file you download and every email you receive. Kaspersky antivirus doesn’t need much of human intervention, pretty much everything is automated.
However, if you have to do anything manually you will not face any problems as its interface is very simple and easy to use. If any file on your computer is infected, it creates a backup of that program, and then encrypts it and once the virus is removed it restores the file. Tests conducted by various labs have backed up the effectiveness and success of Kaspersky.
Check out this video by Kaspersky Internet Security
- Virtual Keyboard
- 30 days money back guarantee
- Doesn’t impacts system much
- Customer support is not 24/7
5) AVAST Free Antivirus for Windows
AVAST is the ideal choice for Mac as well as windows users, it is fairly easy to use, you can start the virus scan with just one click. It has received positive reviews from many independent testing labs. It is better than other antivirus software in blocking URLs, its home network security scan feature checks all your home network and routers. It also checks other software for updates and gives you the list of software and add ons which you do not use often.
- FREE FREE FREE. Yup, avast is free of cost
- Supports Mac as well as Windows
- Home network security scan
- Not available for mobile device
6) Panda Security Antivirus Windows
Panda Security is a Spanish company founded in 1990. Having a period of experience of about fifteen years, you can expect many extra features also.
There are three different versions available for this antivirus, Pro, Internet Security, and Global Protection. A free antivirus version is available, and you can get a trial for each premium tool.
- Free, bonus features, efficient URL blocker, easy install.
- Numerous features to use
- New and rising
- Chance to give false positives.
- Many updates needed
7) Trend Micro Titanium Antivirus
Trend Micro has a history of about 27 years starting from 1988 in Los Angeles. Though the company was founded there, the global headquarters is situated at Tokyo, Japan.
Trend Micro is not just an antivirus company.
- A light app with essential and extra features
- Regularly Updates
- It really doesn’t care about social media.
- Not Easily Available apart from online
8) ZoneAlarm Antivirus
Maybe ZoneAlarm is a new name for you. But it’s not new for thousands of netizens. Having the expertise in this field for 15 years, ZoneAlarm has given new dimensions to the term security. ZoneAlarm Antivirus was created by Zone Labs in 2000. After four years, Check Point bought it and seeded the growth of the software.
- Built- in firewall, easy install, URL blocker, and status
- Simple to Use Interface
- Affordable Pricing
- No option to create bootable rescue disk
- Many advanced features absent
9) eScan Antivirus
eScan is one of the best antivirus tools available on the market. It was created by an Indian security firm called MicroWorld Technologies. The software first made its public appearance in 1993. So, you can assume its efficiency, having more than 20 years of service.
- A simple UI, has built- in firewall and file encryption facility.
- Availability of affiliate program.
- eScan Anti-Virus is one of the most effective malware protection products available.
- It may slow down your computer by making use of maximum resources.
- Support for this product is decent.
10) AVG Antivirus
Do you need an introduction to this established security software? Though this tool was in the limelight for a few years, you can’t question its authenticity and age.
I remember the time when I got my first PC. It was a Windows XP machine with AVG installed. Yep, AVG was a popular even before six years. Now it has got a massive redesign.
- Accurate distinction of safe and malicious files.
- Affordable Pricing
- Regular Updates
- No telephone support is available
- Can slow down not highly configured systems
11) Avira Antivirus
Simply, Avira Antivirus is a tool to scan for potential threats in your PC or laptop. In case you find any major issues, it can suggest the action you have to take.
- Top-notch protection
- EasyChild Protection and Browser plugin features
- Built-in security browser plugin
- Biggest performance impact during full scans
- Possibly intimidating interface
- Full web protection not included in free version
Here are few things you need to consider before buying Antivirus software
Quality of Protection
An AntiVirus should be able to tackle a sudden virus attack, everyday there are over 60,000 new malware created, the anti-virus you choose should have a real time feature which means it should keep working in the background as long as your device is on.
It should have
- Powerful malware detection methods
- Potential to wipe out malware immediately after getting detected
- Regular update of AntiVirus software
- Should not impact the performance or speed of the computer
A Comprehensive Protection Tool
An AntiVirus should be able to protect all components that are vulnerable to a malware attack. It should be able to identify the malicious code and protect every channel, especially the channels through which these malware can enter the device. It should also be able to scan each and every email you receive especially the attachments and popups.
Easy to use
Not every computer user is a tech genius or technically skilled, not everyone can handle complex software or a complex interface. But, every user needs an anti-virus for their computer’s protection; this is why an anti-virus needs to be easy to use and interface self explanatory. It will be really difficult for a user to navigate or use the anti-virus. A complex anti-virus can result in users making errors which will ultimately result in damage to the computer.