AVS Video Editor Software Review 2017- Should You Buy It ?
About AVS Video Editor
AVS video editor is a part of AVS4you software suite which includes video, audio, image editing and conversion features that was designed by Online Media Technologies. It supports multiple languages such as French, Spanish, Italian, Japanese and English and is compatible with Windows operating system.
AVS video editor has a very simple layout that consists of timeline and story board combination. Storyboard mode helps you to sequence video clips with transitions and the timeline view consists of main video, audio, video overlay and text lines for editing. You can also duplicate, split, freeze, crop, stabilize, change the speed of soundtracks and color of the videos in the timeline mode. You can add unlimited number of tracks and the tools are usually marked to help you navigate with ease on AVS video editor.
Import and Export
AVS video editor enables users to import media files from computer, cameras, webcam and export them to smartphone devices, social media websites like YouTube, FB, flicker and burn them into DVD or Blu ray disc.
Supported File Formats
AVS video editor supports a variety of video and audio formats such as AVCHD, AVI, WMV, 3GP, FLV, DVD, HD video, MTS, MOD etc. You can also create a video that can be used for live streaming or save it into flash or web M format.
- Multitrack mode helps edit one or more video clips or audio tracks on a single
- Fade in and fade out feature helps to form a blank image with blur effects as well as reduce the volume of audio files.
- Freeze frame option helps make a still shot from a video clip.
- Video stabilization feature helps reduce blurring effects caused by shaky motions of a camera.
- Chroma key option or green screen helps make videos that are only half transparent.
- Slideshow option helps create a presentation on a slideshow with various still images.
- Scene detection feature helps you to scan and screen video clips separately.
- Pan and zoom feature helps you to add zooming feature on still images.
- You can add subtitles, text, captions and shapes to images as well as speech balloons and graphic objects.
- There are some basic features on AVS editor such as blur, trim, crop, merge, brightness, saturation, contrast, color tuning and sharpening effects.
- Snapshot option helps capture a particular moment of a video clip.
- There are also audio tools on AVS video editor that helps reduce noise levels, amplify soundtracks, equalize volumes and change frequency pattern of the audio. You can adjust the playback speed volume and balance of the output video.
Some of the utilities available on AVS video editor include,
- The AVS screen captures any actions on the desktop to make tutorials and demonstration videos
- AVS video uploader to transfer video files on social media websites like Facebook, YouTube, Photobucket, Myspace and Flickr.
- The video recorder to capture video from webcam, DV camera and HD camera.
- AVS video burner to burn video files into CDs, DVDs and Blu rays.
- The mobile uploader to transfer media files to portable devices through WiFi, Bluetooth or USB connection.
You can download AVS video editor for free from their official website. Apart from the free version they provide subscriptions types namely unlimited access subscription and one year access subscription. Unlimited access subscription comes with 11 tools, upgrade and support that cost $59 while the 1 year access subscription comes with the same features at the cost of $39.
The company provides 30-days money back guarantee which is the great advantage for beginners to try their product once before investing their money.
- It supports HD videos and 4K Ultra HD resolution
- Provides plenty of utilities
- Video stabilization and screen capture features
- 30 day trial
- Poor output quality
- Less customization options
- Has plenty of basic features than advanced tools
- No motion tracking or multi-camera editing
Is AVS video editor worth your money?
AVS video editor is full-featured editing software for beginners who are learning to create their own videos and movies. It provides all the necessary editing software, tools and utilities to create good looking videos but does not provide advanced tools to create professional high quality movies or videos.
The prices are comparatively lesser which may be a great deal for creating holiday, anniversary or birthday videos on your own computer. But, professionals who are looking to create a variety of video formats and exclusive movies should opt for other complicated and beneficial videos editing tools available on the web.